We have vacancy for a Contract Manager at the Queens Road Depot, in Manchester.
The successful applicant will be responsible for managing and developing all aspects of operational performance in respect of contract adherence.
This will include on-time performance and delivering excellent customer experience, while managing a governance agenda that supports legislative, process and policy compliance.
A key part of this role is also to be the primary interface with Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) for the purposes of contract management; seeking feedback on all contract-related matters, developing and implementing appropriate action plans.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Managing the contract operations team (supervisors and drivers) in accordance with Go North West policies, standard operating procedures, all relevant legislative obligations and the Go-Ahead values
- Analysing and managing information, systems and data, in accordance with the systems matrices, to both retrospectively and proactively ensure continuous improvement of service performance.
- Engaging front line colleagues though effective communication, active listening and recognition
- Working with the training function to ensure that operational teams are competently trained, and to achieve agreed establishment requirements
- Supporting the induction and development processes to deliver an engaged, talented and high performing operations team
- Maintaining accurate records for all aspects of operational standards and performance
- Working alongside service performance team members, fostering excellent working relationships between drivers and Supervisors to ensure a consistent customer experience
- Improving operational performance in a sustainable manner, with a key focus on improving lost miles and punctuality, resulting in delivery of agreed key performance indicators
- Managing supervisors to create alternative disruption plans; liaising with and providing information to all relevant colleagues
- Liaising with external stakeholders and attend relevant meetings to improve service performance. Evaluating, developing and implementing action plans
- Ensuring collaboration between operational and engineering team members, fostering excellent working relationships
- Delivering agreed performance improvement plans and operational costs within budget
- Collating and distributing of all data, reports and records as required within the commercial contract of the product
- Ensuring an effective working relationship with recognised trade union representatives and officials
- Other duties commensurate with the role as may be deemed appropriate by the line manager
Skills, knowledge and experience
You will need:
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Previous experience of managing on-road performance (desirable)
- Target driven and motivated to achieve
- Ability to manage and coordinate people and activity to maximise performance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective listener with the ability to empathise and treat others with respect.
- Ability to use own initiative to resolve issues.
- Computer literate with the willingness to embrace new technology
- Ability to write reports and emails clearly and precisely.
- Ability to effectively assess situations quickly and to react appropriately when under pressure
- Excellent knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, performance indicators and company procedures and agreements relating to service delivery.
- Good knowledge of the local network.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this role is 19 August 2019.