Go North West operates over 160 buses from our Queens Road site in Manchester and are looking to recruit a qualified and experienced shift PCV / HGV mechanic or technician to start immediately. The right candidate will join a team of dedicated engineers and will need to be proactive and use initiative to carry out vehicle repairs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Repairing and Maintaining the company's fleet of vehicles to a high standard.
- Carrying out preventative maintenance.
- Carrying out roadside and running repairs as necessary.
Training & Qualifications
- You should ideally be qualified to one of the following levels.
- PCV or HGV City & Guilds
- BTEC or NVQ Level 3
- You must hold a full car licence (PCV licence training will be provided if necessary)
- You will have a flexible approach to working and be happy to work late shifts and alternate weekends.
- Full time 38-hour weekly contract
- Shift patterns: 0500hrs to 1500hrs or 1500hrs to 0100hrs. 4 day week rotating over a 3 week period
Pay and Benefits
- Basic hourly rate of £14.67 plus weekend / overtime enhancements.
- Annual Holiday Entitlements
- Company Pension Scheme
- Staff Travel Pass around Manchester
- Eye care vouchers and Retail Discounts
For more information or to apply, please send CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by post to:
Go North West
Queens Road Depot
M8 8UT Closing date: 19 Feb 2021