Job Title: HR Business Partner
Reporting to: Director of Operations & Commercial
Location: Queens Road, Manchester
Purpose: To lead the design and delivery of the organisation’s people plan, ensuring full alignment to the short, medium, and long-term business objectives.
Main Responsibilities and tasks
- Leading on organisational design and delivery activity such as role design, organisational reviews and policy and process design
- Ensuring effective and ongoing attraction, recruitment and retention through robust workforce planning
- Leading the employee engagement agenda, including the design and delivery of effective engagement and communications plans
- Overseeing core training and development plans, including licence acquisition, remedial training and Driver CPC.
- Building capability levels through effective learning and development plans, including suitable apprenticeships and training programmes for technical and vocational roles, and management and leadership activity
- Facilitating and maintaining strong relationships with recognised employee groups and trade unions
- Establishing and maintaining effective people management systems
- Supporting the senior leadership team and line managers with all elements of people management activity
- Supporting and coaching line managers to ensure compliance to employment law, company policy and recognised best practice
- Ensuring effective performance improvement approaches, including goal setting and reviewing, and management of conduct and capability
- Reviewing and updating HR policy and procedure to ensure continuous improvements, and compliance to legal and regulatory requirements and recognised best practice
- Acting as the local lead for employee pensions. Examples include chairing the local pensions committee, liaising with Group Pensions, and ensuring the accurate completion of pension-related requests such as early retirement, ill-health retirement and claims
- Working with the Go-Ahead Group to cross-fertilise talent, such as the virtual learning programme and other employee development schemes (e.g. graduate training Programme)
- Proactively supporting, encouraging and demonstrating the Go-Ahead Visions and Values to ensure that they become embedded in the culture across Manchester.
Key Safety Responsibilities
- Acting in a manner as to ensure the health, safety, welfare, environment and fire safety of yourself and others in the organisation, as well as any customers, clients and visitors.
- Ensuring that you and any guests to any company premises understand emergency and evacuation arrangements.
- Ensuring your working environment is maintained in a safe and tidy condition.
- Acting proactively in identifying any unsafe practices or safety risks in the organisation and reporting these through the appropriate channels.
- Ensuring adherence to all relevant company and Go-Ahead group company policies and procedures.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- HR Generalist with level 5 CIPD or equivalent
- Previous standalone HR leadership experience in a unionised environment
- Excellent working knowledge of employment law
- Effective project management skills
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Effective influencer
- Excellent coaching skills
- Good numeracy and literacy levels
- Good administrative and IT skills
- Commercial awareness
- Highly organised
- Diplomatic and objective
- Trustworthy and discreet
- Team worker and supportive
- Ability to prioritise work activities
- Flexible and adaptable
- Experience in transport industry is desirable
- Information Seeker - regularly assess information and data; looking inside and outside the organisation for ways to improve.
- Ideas Generator - value fresh thinking and develop innovative ideas to drive the business forward.
- Flexible Thinker - consider business challenges from different perspectives, taking into account the views of others.
- Effective Communicator - Communicate with others in clear, concise and engaging ways.
- Collaborative Team Worker - Value others’ contributions, encouraging teamwork and collaboration.
- Active Influencer - Build long-term relationships in order to develop mutually beneficial networks.
- People Developer - Create a learning and development environment where people can fulfil their potential.
- Confidence Inspirer - Adopt a positive attitude and builds confidence in others
- Trust Builder - Achieve results through building relationships based on treating people with respect and dignity.
- Action Enabler - Make things happen; being accountable for delivering results especially during times of change.
- Continuous Improver - Look to improve performance through better measurement and evaluation
- Customer Champion – Keep the organisation one step ahead of the customer.
To apply for this position, email your CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing date 18th October