We're looking for an exceptional Healthy, Safety, Environmental and Facilities Manager to lead and promote on all aspects relating to health, safety and the environment that affect our business.
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified safety professional to join the newest bus company in Manchester - Go North West. Taking on one of the most important roles in our business, you'll be leading on, and helping to shape the policies and procedures that keep our customers, colleagues and visitors safe.
You'll be innovative, coming up with new ways to engage colleagues in important issues across the company. Not only will you need to be one step ahead of the game ensuring we're compliant with all legislation, you'll need to assess and audit current procedures too. You'll need an eye for detail, but also be someone who's at the heart of the business, always visible and liaising with colleagues about issues and gathering key feedback.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To develop and manage a business focused HSE plan to ensure the Company's Health and Safety Policy and Arrangements are implemented consistently across the business, including for vehicle operations;
- Support line managers in the development of, and promotion of the Company's strategy on health, safety and the environment;
- Support the development, implementation and monitoring of Company health, safety and environmental management systems in accordance with ISO standards
- Generate policies and procedures to ensure legal compliance and integration with company business processes;
- Compile periodic management reports with measurement indicators for objectives, Key Performance Indicators and incident data
- Ensure Go North West is meeting legislative requirements and advising line managers on their and the business’s legal obligations;
- Regular input to senior management of progress on the HSE business plan, and immediately raise any health, safety and environmental concerns to the appropriate department head;
- Promote a positive health and safety culture throughout the business; and work with others to increase health, safety and environmental awareness across all areas of our business;
- Play an active role in the company change management process to ensure new initiatives or requests for potential changes to the business are assessed in respect of their HSE implications with all relevant parties consulted prior to any agreed change being implemented;
- Carry out periodic health and safety audits, and manage the company risk assessment and risk control processes, to ensure they are legally compliant, business relevant and up-date;
- To provide guidance and assist the creation of safe systems of work for employees;
- Investigate workplace/vehicle operations accidents/dangerous occurrences, RIDDOR reportable events and work with line managers to implement remedial actions to prevent a reoccurrence;
- To liaise with external stakeholders such as Go-Ahead Group functions, external auditors, the Health & Safety Executive, Environment Agency, Fire Authorities;
- Co-ordinate all aspects of pollution control, waste management, recycling, environmental health, conservation and renewable energy;
- Other reasonable duties which are not mentioned above may be required to be undertaken to ensure success in the role and to effectively support business success
- Maintain the facilities management database to ensure all statutory and routine inspections follow through any actions to completion.
- Oversee the health and safety requirements for refurbishment works and the contractor selection and approval process.
Flexibility in working will be required, including working outside normal office hours to facilitate the role and play a full part in activities required to achieve success in the management of HSE.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with the level of the role, its responsibilities and what you can bring to this new role
- Basic 38-hour week with the occasional travel between different operating companies and to participate in relevant Go-Ahead group activities
- Travel pass
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Lifestyle benefits
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
More details and how to apply
This role is a 2 year fixed term contract with a potential start date for March 2020.
To apply for this position, email your CV and a covering letter outlining your experience and suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org