Go North West operates over 160 buses from our Queens Road site in Manchester and are looking to recruit Skilled Shift Coachbuilder/Bodymaker. The successful candidate will join a team of dedicated engineers and should be proactive and willing to work independently.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To undertake the repair and maintenance of vehicle bodywork and to carry out routine bodywork inspections and servicing in accordance with company and manufacturers recommendations.
- To diagnose vehicle body faults and specify the correct method of repair within defined quality and cost parameters.
- To carry out collision and vandalism repairs on vehicle bodywork and structural components.
- Repair work arising from routine vehicle inspections, vehicle defect cards and annual MOT test preparations.
- To carry out painting of bodywork following repair.
- To undertake fibreglass repairs to bodywork.
- To record repairs for third party insurance recoveries.
Training & Qualifications
- Minimum level 3 NVQ standard or equivalent.
- Welding experience preferable.
- Must be in possession of a full car licence and willing to undertake PCV licence training if required.
- You will have a flexible approach to working as you will be required to work late shifts and alternate weekends
- Full time 38 hour weekly contract
- 4 day week over 7 shifts comprising of early and late duties
Pay & Benefits
- Competitive salary of circa £29,000 (£14.67 per hour)
- Annual Holiday Entitlements
- Company Pension Scheme
- Staff Travel Pass
- You have a responsibility for your own safety and that of others – it is important we look out for each other.
- Think through the consequences of your actions so you make the right choices
- Be aware of the site rules and if you are not sure ASK! Site rules can and do change so make sure you always know what they are
- Don’t walk by, intervene if you see something that is unsafe. Deal with it and/or report it.
- Report any concerns to your supervisor or line manager
For more information on how to apply, please send CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
By post to: Recruitment, Go North West Depot, Boyle Street, Manchester, M8 8UT.
Closing date: 28 February 2021